When you’re heading camping, hiking, 4WDing or any other activities that take you into the outback or bush in Australia; you want to make sure you’re prepared for anything. One of the ways in which you can do this is by making sure you always have a power source on hand, without having to lug around massive generators and batteries!
The Roman Solar Charger and Mat Kits are your ideal companion and they will charge your phone, camera, power bank, GPS, tablet and more – FAST! That means when you’re heading out and about on your next adventure, you’ll always be prepared.
These panels are designed for Australia’s tough conditions, using the latest technology to ensure you have high performance and durability. They’re super efficient, compact and lightweight, which means they won’t break your back if you’re leaving your car behind and heading into rugged terrain, where you’d prefer to keep contact with loved ones open. In fact, they take up just 25% of the standard weight of a 120W folding panel, and 25% of the space!
They are available in both 120W and 200W models and utilise the Sunpower™ C60 cells which produce up to 30% more power than conventional type solar cells currently available.
By far one of our favourite features of the Roman system is that auto restart technology. This means the controller knows the difference between charging states, and will automatically detect if the battery is fully charged – or if it needs to reconnect. So when night hits and your charging automatically stops, or if rain clouds get in the way, as soon as the system is exposed to the sun again – it will start charging.
The Roman also uses ETFE material, a protective surface that goes over the top of the solar cell so that it lasts longer, and isn’t as exposed to the elements. It is water proof, highly transparent at 97%, has chemical resistance and a high melting temperature. It’s also extremely UV resistant.
The panels have the following features:
- 22.5% highly efficient Sun Power™ monocrystalline C60 solar cells
- Six 20W panels (120W model) or ten 20W panels (200W model) using six Sunpower™ cells per panel with solid copper backing
- Compact and lightweight – 120W 4kg, 200W 6kg
- Heavy-duty 900D outer material
- Carry handle with non-slip rubber grip
- Multiple mounting options utilising powerful ‘rare earth magnets’ built-in to the back of the controller body or using the supplied fixed wall bracket
- Able to be positioned directly next to the battery for optimum charging performance
- Internally housed into each end are heavy duty 50A Anderson style plugs which are also colour coded to easily distinguish the correct input and output connections.
- Advanced micro control unit (MCU) uses Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) technology for high efficient operation
- Able to be used on GEL, AGM, Conventional lead-acid (WET), Calcium, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFeP04) and Lithium Titanium Oxide (LTO) type batteries only
- Rugged design, utilising rubber protection on each corner and a large LCD screen clearly displaying all the information that you will need.
- Weatherproof design